Around Here


Hello Friend,

This has been a good week. Aside from feeling a bit better physically...

1. I read an awesome book. It is called Wildwood by Colin Meloy and illustrated by Carson Ellis. If you are a fan of Narnia, this might be a read for you. I loved the adventure of being drawn into another world full of mystery and adventure. This was easy and fast reading. I'm looking forward to my next book. I have no idea what it will be.

2. My daughter took a clay camp downtown. It was fun to go into the city. Each day I enjoyed hearing about what she made and I can't wait to see the finished work in 6 weeks!


3. I got a new art journal. I wanted a 2-page layout and I love it. I got a Strathmore 500 Series Journal and I really, really like it. I feel like I can do so much more with 2 pages. I also had some left-over tax money and invested in acrylic paint and a few mixed media brushes. I am slowing adding supplies and I bet I don't have 1/100th of what some people have but that won't stop me. 😊


4. I acquired a very large canvas during my shopping spree mentioned above. I am contemplating doing my own abstract painting for above our fireplace in our living room. I haven't gotten the nerve the do this but I can't wait. I like the style of the painting above. (Source) I can only imagine the conversation that this will stir up when people visit the house.


5. I listed some new paper in the shop for art journaling. They are cards that are 4.25" x 5.5". You can print them on paper or card stock. Check them out HERE. I also made a few available for free. I used one of the papers in the entry above. You can check them out HERE and download for free for personal use.

I hope that you have a wonderful weekend!

Sincerely,






No comments